Agritourism NSW Planning Accomodation Rules explained, Farm Gate
How to make more money on your farm with new rules from Nsw Government
The NSW state planning has made it easier for farmers to make money from their farms with tourism....to be honest, the rules seem so lax at the moment I think it would be a good idea to make hay while the sun shines and before they tighten up the rules...
So the rules are …..you can host campers on your farm with no planning permission or building approval....certain requirements including tents are 6 m’s away from any building caravan, annex or campervan....
you host no more than 20 people at any one time, on no more than 21 days for each visit
your farm is at least 15 ha.
You can also host events...
You can host events, such as tours, weddings, conferences and other functions. To do this, you must meet certain requirements, including:
- events (except tours, school visits and horse-riding tours) have a maximum of 50 people, and take place on no more than 52 days each year
- events take place between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm Sundays to Thursdays and public holidays, and 8 am and midnight Fridays and Saturdays
- neighbours are given at least one week’s notice before the use starts.
Farm stay accommodation – where visitors can stay in buildings or moveable dwellings, including tents and caravans, on a farm.
(c) the use of land for the purposes of farm stay accommodation that accommodates guests in one or more of the following— (i) campervans, (ii) caravans, (iii) tents, annexes or other similar portable and lightweight temporary shelters,
Each guest must not stay at the accommodation for more than 21 consecutive days,
You can not have more than 6 buildings or caravans,,
• Permitted in RU1, RU2, RU4 zones and in other zones where agriculture, extensive agriculture, intensive livestock agriculture and intensive plant agriculture are permitted.
• Maximum 20 guests in tents, caravans and campervans.
• Maximum 6 caravans and campervans.
• Maximum 21 consecutive days of stay.
• Minimum landholding of 15ha for camping/caravans.
• Use up to 60m2 gross floor area of an existing residential accommodation or manufactured home.
• Off street parking.
For more info you can find it here
And you can find the amendments to the planning policy here
Have a chat with us and we can show you how our clients are benefiting from this...